Avenida Dr Rodrigo Rodrigues Here I Come
I have an apartment! A lovely 2 bedroom, spacious thing on the 14th floor at the above address. I'm gonna have a bitch of a time explaining that to the taxi drivers here who for the most part only know the Chinese names and certainly don't speak English. ('Itso neara the holiday inno').
Getting around Macau generally is quite difficult. The best route is to get someone to write down the name in Chinese and then hand that to the taxi driver. But that's not always possible. The next best thing is to point them in the direction of a nearby landmark that they're likely to know the English name of. Unfortunately, the nearest landmark to where I'm currently staying is a very dodgy club called DD's, and so as far as Macau's taxi driver community is concerned, I'm the fat gweilo who goes to that dodgy club 4 times a day.


<< Home