Perennial Ex-Pat

I'm English and I live in Macau. Nuff said.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

China Next Week

Will be going to China twice this week. On Wednesday I'm going to Guangzhou for meetings. Guangzhou is massive, about the size of London, 2 or 3 hours north of the Macau/Chinese border. Then next weekend will probably go to Zhuhai, which is the Chinese city neighbouring Macau.

Despite what the agent told me, I'm unable to get cable TV in my new apartment. This means that I won't be able to get any English-language channels, including most importantly football which is nothing less than a disaster. Unless I can convince the management company to let cable be installed in the building I'm going to have to move out, coz I seriously can't survive without football. It's bad enough for the 3 months of summer in-between seasons, let alone an entire year. My only other alternative is to watch it in bars, but that's not consistent with the new teetotal me.

Still on the subject of television: because I can't see anything decent I'm using UKNova more and more. For expats especially it really is a godsend. Right now downloading a doc about food additives and Ricky Gervais' new show Extras.

BTW, since you asked, Filipino women are hot. I know because 1 of the 3 English-language channels I get is Filipino MTV. One other thing I know is that you spell Fillipino with an 'F', but Phillipines with a 'Ph'.

As if this post couldn't get any more riveting, I just bought some cheddar cheese. Realised that it's the first cheese I've eaten for three months (not including pizza), so as you can understand I was very excited. Unfortunately when I got home I realised that I don't have a knife in my apartment (otherwise I'm very well equipped: I have 3 plates, 3 forks and a frying pan). So I'm forced to chomp at the block of cheese as if it were a sandwich. Here's an image to help illustrate.