Back
Sorry for the lack of posts recently. It´s mostly because I´ve been in Liverpool and my Dad doesn´t have an internet connection. This is not surprising considering my Dad still buys lard. Lard and broadband just don´t go.
I´m in Spain now. My ex-boss has kindly offered me his house in Tarifa again so I´ll be staying there for a week or so I should think.
My friend Yurley invited me to Colombia for Christmas, I need to decide by tomorrow if I´m going. Part of me says I shouldn´t, it´s ridiculous to go to S America 4 times in a year especially when I´m homeless and jobless, the other part of me says fuck it, as there won´t be much progress made on the job hunting over Christmas anyway. My money´s on the fuck it.
Since I arrived in Spain on Saturday I´ve done an insane amount of driving, Jerez, Jimena, Ronda, Malaga, Gibraltar. Driving in Spain is such a pleasure in comparison to the UK. For a start, if you can buy your gas in Gibraltar, gas is so much cheaper, 59p a litre for diesel. Secondly, and more importantly, the roads are much less crowded and the scenery is amazing, especially on the road to Ronda. Did I mention I love Spain.
Warning, football talk: incredibly psyched about tonight´s game against Chelsea. Liverpool have looked so impressive over the last few games. We´re still 2 or 3 players away from challenging seriously for the Premiership and a striker who can actually score goals would be nice, but our style of play is better than it has been for years and finally, I think, the players have adapted to it. Liverpool fans have had about 38 false dawns in the last 15 years so I´m reticent about being over confident.
I think my mate Rich is coming over to Spain this week.
I saw my new nephew, Sonny, last Friday. Also met Sophie, my brother´s girlfriend who´s a teacher also. I was quite excited about seeing Sonny, but I forgot what poor company tiny babies are, all they do is shit and vomit. Admittedly, I don´t do that much more, but at least I´ll throw in a good story every now and again. I don´t know my brother that well, so it was weird to see him in his new father role. Weird but good. As I mentioned before, I´ve really seen a side of him I hadn´t known before in the way he´s managed my father´s situation.
Did I tell you how I know my dad is back to normal? When I last saw him he insisted that I take a book he had with him away with me ´You can get 1.50 for that´.


<< Home