Beer Mat Love, The Kind That Lasts Forever
You might remember this incident a while ago. Chinese girl in a bar, flirtatious glances exchanged, high-profile passing of beer mat with her number written on it, instant stroking of ego, followed by rapid consumption of more drink then complete distraction by other events.
For the last 4 days I've received phone calls from a girl with a Chinese accent, speaking very little English, the conversation goes something like this:
1) Girl: Hello. How are you?This loops probably about 6 times. So a total of about 5 minutes is spent on each conversation with the following fact established:
2) Me: I'm fine. Who are you?
3) Girl [ignoring question]: What are you doing tonight?
4) Me: Nothing, I'm staying in. Who is this?
5) Girl [still ignoring question]: You no go out?
6) Me: No, I'm staying in. Really, who is this?
7) Goto 1
I'm not going out tonight
Tonight I finally figured out (by looking at the picture of the beer mat with her number on it) that it was the aforementioned Chinese girl. If memory serves me right (and it's a big IF, I was very pissed that night) she was quite hot so I probably should pursue this, but I'm too ill, going to Hong Kong tomorrow, Beijing on Wednesday, then Colm is coming over on Saturday so I won't be able to give the matter the attention it deserves for the next couple of weeks. Gweilo Power.


<< Home