Perennial Ex-Pat

I'm English and I live in Macau. Nuff said.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Spontaneous Chiropractic Adjustment

Fascinating account from Walk the Talk of the first known instance of Britain making contact with China, in Macau in fact. It includes, also, a mention of a Briton's first encounter with tea. Apparantly it was served in a 'World's Greatest Dad' mug, a teaspoon of sugar, milk first with a Rich Tea biscuit. [I just made that bit up]

Bloody knackered again today because a very good friend who shall remain nameless (Richard Earley) decided to message me twice at FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE FUCKING MORNING with his opinions about Robben's ability to finish. Several things on this: firstly, finishing is overrated, I hardly ever do it. Secondly, THERE'S A FUCKING 7 HOUR TIME DIFFERENCE FOR GODSAKE. Hey Rich, when you coming over?

Where did that title come from again? Oh yeah...I was in Hong Kong on Sunday night drinking (what else?) when this Chinese girl, who I didn't know and was obviously a bit worse for wear, decides I'm looking a bit stiff and does one of those 100-miles-an-hour-only-for-qualified-chiropracters-neck-snaps. In complete shock I swivveled round (a bit too quickly, Torvill and Dean would have been proud of it - (almost wrote Pearl and Dean there...phew)) to see what had happened then realised it wasn't a guy looking for a fight, instead it was a tiny girl with a big smile, disappointingly dissipating my fury. I spent the next 15 minutes in shock, then 15 minutes after that trying to figure out whether it had done harm or good, then the next 2 hours trying to get her to come back to my hotel. For a while I was quite the centre of attention though.