I Got It Going ON
Met with Geany last night, a Brazilian I know living here in Buenos Aires. We agreed to meet at a bar ´tonight´, not exactly defining what ´tonight´ meant. I forgot that Buenos Aires starts later than any city I know, including Spanish cities, so I got there at the recklessly early time of 11.30pm. By the time she and her friends turned up I was a bit worse for wear, but coherent. She was with two Argentinian friends both irresponsibly beautiful.
I actually don´t know Geany that well and havent seen her since the last time I was in BA 6 months ago. Being generally bad at meeting new people I was quite happy to be a bit pissed, I´m better looking and funnier when pissed. At least I think so. South Americans girls have a habit, at least with me, of causing great insult when they think they´re paying me a compliment. This time it was ´Oh, you look much better than last time´. I was going to explain that I had conjunctivitis last time, but thought against it.
Actually had a brilliant time. After having one or two more G&Ts at the bar we went to a club next door. Unlike my mate Rich, I hate dancing, so I was relieved to see that there were at least 500 people in this club probably designed for 250 people, hence no room to dance and carte blanche to rub up against anyone you damn well feel like. Both her mates spoke no English, which is A Good Thing, so I turn up the KGS to 11 and away I go. Again, fantastically successful. I should write a book about this technique. I was getting on particularly well with Noelia (almost certainly mis-spellt), mostly because the other girl (whose name, obviously, Ive forgotten) was being chatted up by, basically, everyone but particularly by a big muscly American from Texas who has almost certainly caused premature arthritis in me when he shook my hand in the way Texans do. I must confess though that it wasn´t just my charming Spanish that brought me so much success, I think Ive also stumbled upon a successful clothes strategy:
Fake Gold Rolex. CheckAnyway, Geany left at about 5 and we continued for a couple of hours more til about 7. I had to change my hotel today so I awoke at 12pm, still pissed, and began to pack my clothes without actually leaving my bed.
$7 Converse. Check
Nylon Kagool. Check


<< Home