Impending Disaster
I'm leaving for Colombia tomorrow, but the more I think about it the worse I feel about the trip. For a start, I'm a guest of someone, as opposed to my normal roaming-traveller role. This means, to be polite, I'll be obliged to do everything I'm told, meet the family etc which after about 4 days will drive me insane. So the latest plan is after New Years Eve to suggest we travel to somewhere I can absolutely guarantee my friend won't want to go to, like an ancient Roman ruin (oh no, that won't work, I don't think the Romans reached Colombia) or an Aztec trail (or Incas, I always get confused). This will do the trick. Although, of course, she may well call my bluff which will mean I'll have the worst of both worlds, chained to someone halfway up a a bloody mountain sleeping in a tent.


<< Home