Perennial Ex-Pat

I'm English and I live in Macau. Nuff said.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

From Bad to Worse

I arrived in Spain yesterday, went to rent a car...sorry your card has been declined. I called my CC company, Sorry sir, the GBP 800 transaction has taken you over your limit. What 800 transaction? Turns out, a hotel I stayed at on Friday night charged me 800 instead of 80, the fuckers. It takes 2 or 3 days to clear it up, so it being the only card I have after the robbery I´m stuck here til unable to rent a car til then. Jesus. And don´t get me going on why I had to stay at a hotel on Friday night either. Really, my luck recently has just been appalling. I´m counting on this run of bad luck being 3 or 4 years worth all wrapped up into one ugly parcel.

I was supposed to meet a friend on Monday night in Seville to disco-dance and deny my 34 years in a very public way. But because of the card problem I couldnt get there. But not to worry, I handled the situation like a man, I turned my phone off and didnt answer her messages. My ego is so fragile right now I couldnt handle a bollicking but it was a bad situation because she had to be in Malaga the next day and I was supposed to be taking her.

To cheer me up Paul sent me a link to Bombay TV. In a non-suicidal state I would get enormous enjoyment out of this. They´ve digitised a few clips from Bollywood movies and the idea is you put your words to it, which appear as subtitles, then forward it on to the hilarity of your friends. Or not, if you had my friends. Here´s Paul´s effort.

Call this a robbery? Poofs.

Oh, if anyone wants to rent me an apartment in the Marbella area for a month or two, give us a bell.