Perennial Ex-Pat

I'm English and I live in Macau. Nuff said.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

In Tangier

Not having anything to do today, I decided to make a quick trip to Tangier. It was a regular jaunt of mine when I was living in Gibraltar a couple of years ago, but the last time I was here was last New Years when I went with Paul to Fes. On that trip Paul passed along a valuable observation, that at the time I barely noticed but since has saved me an incredible amount of time..."Have you noticed how the thong hasnt reached Morroco yet? All the girls here are still wearing big pants." I hadn't noticed, but since then I've stopped looking and it must have saved me hours. Thanks Paul.

Ostensibly I'm here to buy myself a ring. The last ring I had was bought in Casablanca eighteen months ago and I quickly became very attached to it. The first time I went out without it I was savagely attacked by a gang of pre pubescent girls spanish youths, and ever since it was stolen in Colombia I've had, you may have noticed, horrible bad luck. So, in my mind, this trip to Tangier is a valuable investment.

BTW, if you don't regularly read the Chase Me Ladies blog that I've linked to then you're a fool. It's consistently brilliant, you should especially read his recent exchange with Gary Bushell. And that photo of the guy in the clown suit who patrols Bogota airport aint no joke either, the clown tried to swipe my bags too.